Dear parents and/or guardians…
GRATEFULNESS IS TO BE APPRECIATIVE AND SHOW GRATITUDE. IT IS NOT TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED. WHILE WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL EVERY DAY, THANKSGIVING IS THE PERFECT TIME TO SHARE WHAT YOU ARE MOST THANKFUL FOR.
This month we are learning about gratefulness and why it is so important to not only understand what it means to be grateful, but how to express
gratitude. In our class, we encourage our students not to take things for granted.
We want our students to understand the definition of gratitude, find ways to show they are thankful, know why it is important to be grateful and realize all they have to be thankful for.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Ask your kids what they are grateful for. Have them compile a list to share with you.
- Tell your kids what you are grateful for in your life.
- Make “thank you” a big part of your kids’ and your own vocabulary.
- Be a role model and show appreciation to your children.
- Make giving and volunteering a regular thing in your house.